Friday, April 18, 2014

Flexibility

Planning is still moving right along, however I had a little snafu this week and it threw a curveball in my planning.  The original school that I was set to visit in Tokyo emailed me early this week and informed me that they would not be able to accomodate my visit.  I spoke to my school's IB Coordinator about the other school's reasoning behind their decision and we both agreed that it sounded a bit odd.  Nevertheless, I was able to secure my visit with another school.  The only difference is, this school is in Kyoto, not Tokyo.  I already had each day outlined in writing and in my mind, however now I'm having to adjust my schedule a bit.  Instead of visiting Kyoto later on in the week, I willl be there towards the beginning of the week instead.  Knowing how much of a planner I am, I've had to remind myself to continue to stay open-minded and flexible.  In my gut, I know that this school is the right fit for my fellowship and I'm very excited to visit with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment