Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Checking Things Off

While I wait for the official orientation day with Fund for Teachers, I have started moving forward with my plans.  So far, I've purchased my Japan Rail pass (unlimited train pass) and my Studio Ghibli Museum pass.  I wasn't worried about my Japan Rail pass because I knew I could get it at any time.  I was, however, anxious to purchase my Ghibli pass.  You can only order the Ghibli pass at approved locations because there is a limited quantity and it has to be done ahead of time.  I'm so happy that I was able to get a Ghibli pass on the date I planned on going! Phew!

One exciting purchase I've made is my reservation to a capsule hotel in Kyoto! I'm super excited about this! I know it may sound weird to be excited about sleeping in a pod for a night, however I am welcoming this experience with open arms.  This trip is once in a lifetime, therefore I want to soak in every minute of the Japanese culture!

Thanks for continuing to follow me as I go through this adventure.  More to plan and blog soon!

Sleeping Pods

Images of 9H Capsule Hotel in Kyoto, Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment