Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ready, Set, GO!

Today was the big day and after a very long 13 hour flight, I stepped off the airplane and onto the Land of the Rising Sun.  Walking through the airport was unlike any other airport I've ever been to.  First, it was so quiet! Second, clearing Customs was a breeze! There wasn't even a line and the process was efficient and quick.  Once I got through Customs and got my luggage, I headed to exchange my US Dollars to Japanese Yen at the bank and then I went to the airport post office to pick up my Pocket Wi-Fi.  Now, let me tell you why it pays to do your research.  I would have never known about this fabulous little gadget and would most likely have paid an arm and a leg in order to be able to use my cell phone.  With the Pocket Wi-Fi, I can Facetime, text, and use the Internet at no cost! (Other than renting the device of course, which I paid $60 for; worth every penny!).  I headed straight to submit my voucer for my unlimited train pass and since my train wasn't leaving for 30 minutes, I decided to set up my Pocket Wi-Fi at Starbucks.  I checked in at home, sent a bunch of text messages to my family, and before I knew it, it was time to take my seat on the N'EX (Narita Express).  We went through the countryside and then before I knew it, the greenery became a concrete jungle.  I navigated my way out of the station and into a taxi, headed to my hotel.  The rest of my night was spent walking around and getting accustomed to my surroundings.  It's 9 p.m. here now and I've been up for more than 24 hours, so I think it's safe to say that I need to get some sleep.  I promise to post pictures tomorrow.

Oyasumi Nasai (Good Night),

Mrs. de Leon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment